As I wrote in my most recent post – last week – things have been sickly for me lately. Sometimes it just happens that way.
This week, we also have a hurricane rapidly approaching my state as well – so my joints definitely won’t be springing into action just yet.
However, I’ve been working on some fabulous things as I’m resting and recovering. . .
We’ve started decorating the Hippie Hut for Fall and Halloween, my favorite. ❤
Our Southern Christian Writer’s Conference is holding a Writeathon all week too – so I’ll be doing lots of working on my book as well as writing here. ❤
Football has returned! (More fantastic Fall things, I say.)
I’ve been making all of my plans for my coursework at Mississippi State. (Yep, I’m officially an – ahem, old 😉 – student again – and so stinking excited.)
And I’ve been working big on some new playlists with my Apple Radio as I haven’t made any in a long time and my old ones had gotten stale.
Music Is Medicine
I don’t do anything without a soundtrack, whether it’s driving or showering or folding clothes. I often work with the Hamilton musical – gahhh! – playing in the background and one day Sara is just going to leave me at a store for randomly bursting into song. I know it. =D
Some Forever Favorites
Of course, I have some playlists that are always in the mix.
There is one I’ve shared before, My 18 All Time Favorite Songs:
- Me and Bobby McGee – Janis Joplin
- When A Heart Breaks – Ben Rector
- These Days – Foo Fighters
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones/The Sundays
- Oklahoma Sky – Miranda Lambert
- Purple Rain – Prince
- Desperately Wanting – Better Than Ezra
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley/Rufus Wainwright
- Mad World – Gary Jules
- The Man Who Sold The World – David Bowie/Nirvana.
- Milwaukee – Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
- Murder In The City – The Avett Brothers
- Thunder Road – Bruce Springsteen
- Vincent (Starry, Starry Night) – Don McLean
- Waiting for My Real Life To Begin – Colin Hay
- Novocaine – Green Day
- Born This Way – Lady Gaga
- Into The Mystic – Van Morrison
And another, from the CD we gave away as wedding favors, is Our Wedding Mix:
- Best Is Yet To Come – Red
- God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
- Oklahoma Sky – Miranda Lambert
- Waiting For My Real Life To Begin – Colin Hay
- First Dance – Corey Smith
- Lovesong – Adele
- Grow Old With Me – Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Wedding Dress – Matt Nathanson
- I Will Be Here – Steven Curtis Chapman
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Marry Me – Train
- Johnny and June – Heidi Newfield
- California Stars – Wilco
- Tangled Up In You – Staind
I love both of those so much – but it was time for some new ones as well.
One that I’ve just put together is filled with songs that, for one reason or another, are good mood music for me. ❤
- Sugar Magnolia – Grateful Dead
- What’s The Frequency, Kenneth? – REM
- Mexico – Carbon Leaf
- Shady Esperanto – Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers
- Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
- Songs About Rain – Gary Allan
- Miracle Ticket – Rollin’ In The Hay
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody – Fergie
- American Honey – Lady A
- Come On Get Higher – Sugarland
- Mississippi Girl – Faith Hill
- Country Girl – Luke Bryan
- Mercedes Benz – Janis Joplin
- I’m On Fire – Bruce Springsteen
- Family – Drew Holcombe
- Truckin’ – Grateful Dead
- Honey, I’m Good – Andy Grammar
- My Shot – Hamilton
- If I Had A Million Dollars – Barenaked Ladies
- You Don’t Mess Around With Jim – Jim Croce
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffett
- Happy – Pharrell
- Raspberry Beret – Prince
- A-Yo – Lady Gaga
- Not Afraid – Eminem
- We Are The Champions – Queen
- What Would You Say – Dave Matthews Band
- Casey Jones – Grateful Dead
- I Only Wanna Be With You – Hootie And The Blowfish
- Who Will Save Your Soul – Jewel
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
There is one other mix I want to share for my fellow spoonies.
I made if for my sickly days, when I have to break out all the meds and the Biofreeze and the Valor and pile up in bed with my Henry.
I’m going to list all the songs with links here – even though it’s a bit long – and then I’ll do a playlist at the end in case someone wants it.
Spoonie Strong Mix.
Head Above Water – Avril Lavigne.
Defying Gravity – Wicked.
Titanium – David Guetta.
Freedom 90 – George Michael.
Let It Be – The Beatles.
Fight Song – Rachel Platten.
Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac.
Touch of Grey – Grateful Dead.
It’s My Life – Bon Jovi.
Dog Days Are Over – Florence And The Machine.
Keep Your Head Up – Andy Grammer.
Lose Yourself – Eminem.
Standing Outside The Fire – Garth Brooks.
Rainbow – Kacey Musgraves.
Even If – Mercy Me.
Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield.
The Show Must Go On – Queen.
Skyscraper – Demi Lovato.
Here is the playlist for my Spoonie Strong Mix:
- Head Above Water – Avril Lavigne
- Defying Gravity – Wicked
- Titanium – David Guetta
- Freedom 90 – George Michael
- Let It Be – The Beatles
- Touch Of Grey – The Grateful Dead
- Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac
- It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
- Dog Days Are Over – Florence and the Machine
- Keep Your Head Up – Andy Grammer
- Lose Yourself – Eminem
- Standing Outside The Fire – Garth Brooks
- Rainbow – Kacey Musgraves
- Even If – Mercy Me
- Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
- The Show Must Go On – Queen
- Skyscraper – Demi Lovato
I hope this mix is helpful for my fellow spoonies – and anyone else needing some extra resilience and cheer.
Sometimes music IS the best medicine.
Be well, everybody. Take care of yourselves and each other.
Grace and Blessings.