Happy Early Thursday, y’all!
So, it’s been a bit since I’ve posted due to:
- The sinus plague. Even my Sara Bug got sick – and that hasn’t happened in a very long time. Yuck.
- Working on a major project. I have gone through my writer’s notebooks from the past several years, extracting my notes I’ve made for sections of my book. I finished last night – and found so much I had forgotten about. Totally worthwhile as I’m getting into the thick of things. ❤
- I have a big post I’ll be done with probably tomorrow – but it is heavy – and I keep needing to take breaks. At times, I wish I could pull a Joan Didion and literally put it in a Ziplock and stick it in the freezer until I am ready to think about it again – but macbooks weren’t built for that sort of thing. 😉
- Some life stresses have come my way recently that I must address as they have actually been making me physically ill and weighing on my family as well. Unfortunately, when I get seriously upset about something, my body tends to respond quickly and often violently – and this has been true for a situation our family has been facing. No worries – we are all fine. However, I WILL be dealing with this situation today before it before it causes me further harm or stresses my husband or daughter anymore than it already has.
Right now, however, I want to take a break from all of that and think on happier things.
My friend and tattoo artist Aaron posted yesterday that he and his wife had been talking about how important it is to let people like what they like – their sports, fandoms, shows, music, what have you – and enjoy themselves. As long as they aren’t bothering anybody, life is short, be happy.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Since I’m a big kid, I’m sure I have more random things I just love than your average 41 year old – but I maintain that making my own sunshine makes the spoonie life easier to manage too.
So, for today, I’m sharing a love list of some of my random nerdiness/geekery/little kid likes/things near and dear to me.
The many “not cool” things I dig. =D
A list of gratitudes for the little fun things – that aren’t so little when they bring joy.
- Celebrating Halloween big. Decorations are starting to go out this week at our house.
- Harry Potter.
- Care Bears. My better half found me an original Love A Lot like I had when I was little a few years ago.
- All things Disney – Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Moana. . .
- My fabulous new zoo sheets. YES, I found some for a grown-up bed.
- Books everywhere. Print books, e-books, my children’s book collection. . .
- Plants. One almost always follows us home from a big outing.
- Baby. Yoda. ❤
- Anything Christmas. I even have one perma-tree.
- Funky socks.
- Rainbow hair. Super excited that I can start wearing some bright hair colors again. I’ve kept it really dark for so long.
- Henry and Mickodemus piled up on the bed. Growing up, furries were outside – so I love letting them be free range.
- School supplies.
- Monogramming all the things.
- Singing everywhere.
- 90’s country.
- Leopard print everything.
- New ink.
- All the Birks.
- Cookie Monster.
- Birthday parties for our fur babies.
- Nag Champa. Our room smells like a love-in.
- Scrabble and trivia. And more Scrabble and trivia.
- Musicals. All of them. Finding Broadway HD is one of my new favorite things.
- Being a forever student. I’m currently finishing my Paleo and Vegan nutrition certifications and I’m heading back to Mississippi State for my MFA. ❤
- Gluten free edible cookie dough. Need I say more?
- Soft sweater blankets.
- Documentaries. So many documentaries.
- Nat Geo and travel shows – to “travel” while we all can’t travel.
- Pinterest. What did we do before we could Pin? 🙂
And there are so many more.
As Phillip Seymour Hoffman, being Lester Bangs in Almost Famous, said, “The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.”
It’s so true and I’m so grateful for my amazing uncool life and the wonderful people I share it with. ❤
I hope that you take a moment to give gratitude for the people and things in yours too.
Be well, everybody. Take care of yourselves and each other.
Grace and Blessings.