This past Saturday, my husband’s Father’s Day trip to Atlanta to see the Braves play came around. We were super excited.

It was also to be my first BIG outing in my smartchair. Since it arrived, I had only taken it out on some short trips to Target and such.

my first outing to Target – with my family and Super H (of course)

As life sometimes happens, some car issues arose. Thankfully, our precious parents stepped in to help us out. To pick up their vehicle, we ended up driving to their house a couple of hours away on Friday night.

Then, on Saturday, we were off to the ATL.

On the way in to the stadium, we got caught in an insane downpour – and initially had to wait in line in the rain for 20 minutes. It was crazy at first – because we’ve never dealt with smartchair accommodations and whatnot.

However, a wonderful guest services rep saw us and stepped in and helped us. He got us situated on the 3rd baseline right next to the Fox Camera. After that, we were covered and comfortable all evening.

As for me personally, it was strange adjusting to being in a chair for the first time – when I’ve always been able-bodied until the past few years. However, I am so insanely grateful to our GJ for my chair, because it is literally giving me my life back in so many ways. I am going to be able to do the things I love with my family again, where so many activities have been out of the question recently. For example, my hip was even locking up as I was trying to walk towards our front door from my chair to leave for the Braves game.

This chair is life changing for me.

(As for feeling a little strange, as I did with handicapped parking, wearing wigs when I had to, and riding carts at the grocery store, I’ll adjust to this as well.)

After the game, we drove back home, ate a super late dinner, and got some rest.

On Sunday, we drove (with our Wonderpup) back to our parents to visit and swap vehicles again. We had a wonderful visit with them and our GJ and they even sent us home with the most amazing care package. We are so so blessed.

By the time we got home, we were both toast.

My body is wiped after one trip, so three in three days really did me in. Since Sunday night, I’ve slept close to 24 hours – and I’m battling some crazy pain issues when I’m awake. My pharmacy has an issue with one of my meds – it’s on order – and that hasn’t helped the problem. Still, sometimes life is worth the flare – and this is definitely one of those times.

My husband and I had a wonderful trip – and a wonderful weekend together. We got to spend hours talking and listening to playlists and just hanging out. It was fabulous.

I’ve so thankful.

Be well, everybody. Happy Tuesday.

Grace and Blessings.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s